In think part of the reason that a low-carb diet is right for me is because I absolutely love salads! I actually love probably 97% of all vegetables, but it’s the green ones that have these incredible nutrients that your body needs.
On Atkins, they want you to eat 6 cups a day of lettuce!
Green vegetables like lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, and asparagus are great for induction phase one. They provide great nutrients like calcium, vitamins A, C, and K, cancer-fighting compounds, and potassium. They also contain great amounts of fiber that will really help you on this diet…trust me.
My absolute favorite salad to make at home is a Taco Salad.
- First I brown 1/2 lb of ground sirloin in a pan, then drain the fat
- I make my own taco seasoning of cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper to taste and add it to the meat
- I chop up a 1/2 an onion and throw it in a bowl- my favorite are green scallions
- Add a head of your favorite lettuce
- Slice a whole avocado and throw it in
- Add the meat
- You can add shredded cheese, but I just use my favorite blue cheese dressing (Marie’s has the lowest carb count)
- 1/2 lb ground sirloin
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 sliced avocado
- 5 Tbs of blue cheese dressing
- 1/4 cup dried cumin
- 3 Tbs of chili powder
- 1 Tbs paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- *if you like spicy, add dried red pepper
I guarantee that once you make this salad, it will be your favorite! It is so creamy with the avocado, and dressing, and every bite just melts in your mouth. It also satisfies your hunger from all the protein in the beef. Try it! You’ll Love it!